Constructing a modular home has many terrific benefits such as a beautiful home much quicker, a place to live at a much more affordable rate and improved flexibility regarding alterations to your beautiful home. The only downside to a modular home is that these homes have a much lower market value than brick homes because modular homes are slightly more vulnerable to natural disasters and can be a bit more labor intensive when it comes to general maintenance. But your modular home doesn’t have to stand back to brick homes at all because you can increase your market value a lot by simply adding the right home improvements to your beautiful modular home. Here are the top improvements you should consider for a boosted market value and for a more enjoyable stay.
Add a pool to your yard
A swimming pool is one of the best home improvements you can consider to boost your property value and to improve your home’s general appeal and functionality. Swimming pools are terrific for working out, swimming has many therapy benefits and swimming pools are great fun of course. You definitely won’t be making a mistake when you consider this type of home improvement.
Custom pools are best – A custom built pool is the best type of pool to consider for your home. Customized pools can be constructed according to your specific needs. You can get a builder to construct your pool in any shape, size and with any added features such as lighting or even a hot tub section. You can also create a pool that suits your home and garden’s design or get a therapy pool for people with special needs. You can check out www.vazquezpools.com because Vazquez Pools is a terrific pool constructing company that is known for their exceptional customized pool designs.
Maximize market value with a pool enclosure – Pool enclosures are a great way to boost your market value. Pool enclosures are the ultimate way to keep children out of the pool and to keep your pool completely clean. You also get much more out of your pool because the enclosure enables you to swim all year round since you and your family is protected against wind and cold.
Add a deck to your home
A deck is a terrific improvement for any home. With a beautiful wooden deck in the back yard you always have a place to sit down, relax and enjoy your garden during a barbecue. Decks also greatly improve the general look of your home or pool site and are a great way to boost your market value.
A beautiful garden is a must
A beautiful garden is one of the best ways to improve the general appeal of your home and can boost your property value a lot, especially if you call in the assistance of a landscaper to help you redesign your yard’s overall look.
Modernize your kitchen
The kitchen is the heart and soul of the home and definitely should require the most focus. If you want to boost your property value then you can definitely look into upgrading your kitchen for a more modern and stylish look.
Some people will argue that remodeling a modular home is not the best investment. This is especially true since there seems to be a correlation between modular and mobile homes in the public eye. However, that is quite far from the truth. That’s why we want to provide you with some superb ideas for remodeling your modular home.
But first, we think it is a good idea to look for Sprinter vans for sale. While these might be best suited for business purposes, especially if you have need of transporting clients to and fro, there are other ideas for their uses. We think that they would make great resources for hauling all your necessary remodeling equipment and gear. You could definitely fit 2x4s, windows, siding, and the like in these spacious vans. Then, once you have the method for transporting your materials, it’s time to get to work.
Making Improvements on Your Modular Home
There are a number of ways to make your modular home more beautiful and comfortable for the whole family. We think it is important that you understand that modular homes are significantly different from mobile homes.
A modular home is pre-built in sections and then finished on location. A mobile home, or manufactured home, is completely pre-built and permanently fixed on a steel chassis. Learn more.
Your modular home will last considerably longer than a mobile home and will maintain its value. So, making improvements on your modular home is highly advisable. Here are some great ideas to get you started:
- Add a Porch or Deck– Building an additional porch or deck, which can then been screened, is an exceptional way to add value and comfort to your home. It is a great way to provide space for relaxed outdoor pleasure.
- Update Siding– Siding is what keeps your walls safe. After a while, it will crack and get brittle. Although replacing the siding on your home can be an expensive endeavor, it will add to the curb appeal and overall appearance of your home. You will be happier to see it every time you pull in the drive way.
- Replace Windows– Modular homes, like manufactured ones, are constructed initially, with a cheaper grade window. When you choose to update those windows, you are not only adding aesthetic value. Cheap windows are not as useful for proper insulation. That means, they will ultimately cost you more money over time as you utilize more energy in the heating and cooling process. Replacing those windows will give your home a facelift and make it more energy efficient. Read this.
- Change the Front Door– The front door is like the house’s smile. When it gets old and warped, over the course of time, it becomes more like a smile with partial dentures. It’s time for an upgrade. Add an eye-catching door and be sure that it is one with an energy efficient sticker. That way you will be providing additional insulation to the home.
- Landscaping– We know this doesn’t necessarily seem much like remodeling, but in truth, a good landscaper can change the whole feel and appearance of your home. Consider adding some bushes, particularly the kind that offer vivid flowers. This will beautify your home in a relatively simple way.
If you are still desirous of additional home improvement ideas for your modular, read this.