Your new modular home can serve multiple purposes in your life. You can enjoy your living quarters and run a business at the same time. Your modular home can be quite a blessing if you choose to use it as your new web design business’ work from home sanctuary.
But, how do you start a web design business? Obviously you must have some computer know how to even want to delve into this widely expanding career opportunity. So we’re not going to go over the degrees, and classes that might be necessary for the basics of success in this endeavor. Rather, we’re going to talk about why you should take this road.
Why Start a Web Design Business?
Here are ten great reasons to start a web design business:
- Part-time: You don’t have to go full speed ahead at the very beginning. You can take it slowly and work in the evenings or whenever you have extra time hanging out at the house.
- Code Not Necessary: You don’t absolutely have to understand HTML with as many free templates as there are floating around on the web. However, if you choose to do code we recommend that you also create a source code escrow to protect your clients when they purchase software you have created.
- Flexibility: As owner of the web design company, you can create your own schedule and adapt it to meet your clients’ needs as well as your own.
- High Demand: Businesses need websites that function at optimum capacity. They are always seeking out individuals to update, recreate, and redesign their sites to give them greater ROI. Learn a little about business here.
- Low Startup: As new businesses go, the startup costs for opening a web design company in your modular home is pretty low. Low enough to be as little as $100-200 as long as you can utilize the computer you already have (and you probably can).
- High Profit: Most web designers charge a minimum of $75/hr. That makes for an enormous profit margin!
- Be a Specialist: You can focus on one geographic region, or a specific field like architecture, development, marketing, or mobile site designs. The more specialized you are the greater your value as long as you’re capable of filling in the gaps of other areas as well. Learn more about this field.
- Decrease in Competitors: Due to the ever changing world of web design, the chances are those who’ve been doing this awhile, are a little behind the times. They probably have older systems and software and your newer equipment and updated knowledge will put you ahead of them immediately. Just remember that you’ll have to stay well-informed to avoid being in their shoes in five years or so.
- Room for Growth: When you start really collecting clients, and you will if you’re any good, you can always hire someone to assist with the work load. You can even provide another person the opportunity to work remotely (at home). What a gift that will be!
- Opens Doors: Your new web design business can open doors to app development and software creation jobs. You could recognize an area of the business that needs service and thereby launch a service focused offshoot. The possibilities in the realm of computers and web development are truly endless.
If you need further information read this.